1: Radiation and Interactions With Matter
- What is an atom, and what is it made of?
- What are electrons and photons?
- What happens when these particles interact?
These concepts are described in the topics below.
- 1.1: Structure of Matter
- 1.2: Electron Interactions
- 1.3 - Photon Interactions
- 1.4 - Photon Attenuation
- 1.5 - Photon Generation
Further information can be found in Chapter 1 of Podgorsak, chapters 1, 4, 5, and 14 in Khan, and often in the first chapter of large radiotherapy tomes.